.jpg)
Self Portraits
Okay, let’s do this by order. My Elements picture was an idea I got from reading a book. One of the lines came from a character. “The world is a cross of the infinite lines that no one could see the end of.” In which, I chose to use lines, heading up into the sky that I wanted to fly into. However, the flaw was that I couldn’t find the perfect place or pose so I did my best to show the infinite rows of lines. My Light came from the differences of how people are in the light and dark. The dark side of someone, the working side, is stiff, is dress up, is made to impress. The light side, the happier, energetic side, is open, free, and not bound to looks. My Prop was around how a person can keep something as large as something the most precious to them. My parasol I got was from a Chinese fair I went to along time ago and I received it from someone I held very dear at that time so I want to show that kind of feeling of letting go of something I had a long time ago. My Rule of Thirds one was more of a free one as I wanted to show the curiosity of a person, by climbing a tree and showing that they could enjoy it regardless of it and that innocence is something that shadow in pictures regardless of who took it. I found my Light picture to be the most creative. The most difficult had to be the prop as wasn’t sure on how to show it without it being too distracting. It was very successful, using the creativity in the right way as to get the right effect on the picture.
Hmm, My elements picture had fair, as it was hard to get to where the lines got into the right color but didn’t turn me white so I had to mess with that a bit. My light picture had the best contrast and composition, I believe. It had great lighting and worked well with my idea. However, my last two, my Prop and Rule of Thirds had to be my weakest. I should’ve altered where I was and most likely hyped up the lighting a bit more and probably my choice for change would be my prop. I made the emphasis had to spot on the first glance and one would think that my parasol was the emphasis… I could’ve tried my last idea but it would be risky. I would have someone hold the parasol over part of the face and have a close up on it. However, I could get the one holding it in the picture due to lighting.
Now, I love this part!! This part, I can’t say much on. However, we made sure to not use flash and I had to make sure that the pictures were on equal light instead of blinding light to where it made your eyes bleed and not to dark or you wouldn’t be able to see me. I didn’t do very much on the settings, as I wanted to see what happened when my photographer did it as she had a much larger understanding on it and I think she did a wonderful job it. The light didn’t blur me… expect for once but that was because I moved. Never mind that last statement. Okay, as I was going to finish, I had issues trying to get the lighting perfect and at times, I had to have her get on the ground to get the angle right.
In the general sense, I still like my Light picture the most out of all of them. I did well I think at choosing was the best place to get pictures and getting it set up to where I wanted it for me. I don’t think any of them turned out like a senior picture. They all turned out differently and I love that part of it!! My least favorite though, as I stated above, was my Prop. Though, I rather disliked my Rule of thirds but that was personal because I hurt my leg. My prop was very weak and hard to find the emphasis. Differently? Well, I would probably try and get more extreme with my pictures and make it cooler and more interesting. So, all in all, as I think I’ve said this before, I enjoyed this final project and it kept me very interested in taking pictures correctly and keep them interesting.
Okay, let’s do this by order. My Elements picture was an idea I got from reading a book. One of the lines came from a character. “The world is a cross of the infinite lines that no one could see the end of.” In which, I chose to use lines, heading up into the sky that I wanted to fly into. However, the flaw was that I couldn’t find the perfect place or pose so I did my best to show the infinite rows of lines. My Light came from the differences of how people are in the light and dark. The dark side of someone, the working side, is stiff, is dress up, is made to impress. The light side, the happier, energetic side, is open, free, and not bound to looks. My Prop was around how a person can keep something as large as something the most precious to them. My parasol I got was from a Chinese fair I went to along time ago and I received it from someone I held very dear at that time so I want to show that kind of feeling of letting go of something I had a long time ago. My Rule of Thirds one was more of a free one as I wanted to show the curiosity of a person, by climbing a tree and showing that they could enjoy it regardless of it and that innocence is something that shadow in pictures regardless of who took it. I found my Light picture to be the most creative. The most difficult had to be the prop as wasn’t sure on how to show it without it being too distracting. It was very successful, using the creativity in the right way as to get the right effect on the picture.
Hmm, My elements picture had fair, as it was hard to get to where the lines got into the right color but didn’t turn me white so I had to mess with that a bit. My light picture had the best contrast and composition, I believe. It had great lighting and worked well with my idea. However, my last two, my Prop and Rule of Thirds had to be my weakest. I should’ve altered where I was and most likely hyped up the lighting a bit more and probably my choice for change would be my prop. I made the emphasis had to spot on the first glance and one would think that my parasol was the emphasis… I could’ve tried my last idea but it would be risky. I would have someone hold the parasol over part of the face and have a close up on it. However, I could get the one holding it in the picture due to lighting.
Now, I love this part!! This part, I can’t say much on. However, we made sure to not use flash and I had to make sure that the pictures were on equal light instead of blinding light to where it made your eyes bleed and not to dark or you wouldn’t be able to see me. I didn’t do very much on the settings, as I wanted to see what happened when my photographer did it as she had a much larger understanding on it and I think she did a wonderful job it. The light didn’t blur me… expect for once but that was because I moved. Never mind that last statement. Okay, as I was going to finish, I had issues trying to get the lighting perfect and at times, I had to have her get on the ground to get the angle right.
In the general sense, I still like my Light picture the most out of all of them. I did well I think at choosing was the best place to get pictures and getting it set up to where I wanted it for me. I don’t think any of them turned out like a senior picture. They all turned out differently and I love that part of it!! My least favorite though, as I stated above, was my Prop. Though, I rather disliked my Rule of thirds but that was personal because I hurt my leg. My prop was very weak and hard to find the emphasis. Differently? Well, I would probably try and get more extreme with my pictures and make it cooler and more interesting. So, all in all, as I think I’ve said this before, I enjoyed this final project and it kept me very interested in taking pictures correctly and keep them interesting.
No comments:
Post a Comment