Wednesday, April 9, 2008

Personal Metaphor


“The words of others bind me, crushing me.”

I chose to do this metaphor only because it best suited me. I’m made fun of a lot and I find it harder over time to actually talk back and tell them to stop so. They bind my voice. They bind my hands, they bind me. I was trying to express the feeling of being locked. Being bound to words that others say. The mood is harder to say. Pain? Fear maybe? I’m not entirely sure myself.

I placed things the way they are because it was best suited there. My body to be formed like that was also meant to be in my mind. The expression of pain. Opps, getting off topic. Yes, I have a strong focal area. The area mainly goes to me in general, my face, my body posture. I feel my image is unified, balanced out with light and darkness.

In the general sense, it turned almost perfect. It almost matched what I wanted by it would’ve been very hard to do what I wanted, as I wanted a very strange and unable to gotten pose. I might’ve changed the lighting a bit, coloring too. All in all, I rather loved my picture and metaphor’s effect on it.



“I am a broken mirror.”

This metaphor was a second choice to do, mainly to keep me preoccupied. I am a mirror, shattered by the blows I take. That’s what I wanted to say. However, it said more in the picture. I am me, a me who’s broken, shattered, destroyed by the tides of the words that strike my soul. In my opinion, a mirror shows a person’s true self, or who they want to see. I wanted to express the true me… The broken girl who forces a smile. Pain, sadness, hurt. I wanted to say that too through this.

I might have balanced it out more, as there are dark shadows on one side, and somewhat brighter light on another so it was harder to say. The focal point is split. My face and my hands are the two points, I think. Not sure. It’s unified though, even with the cracks in it. I might have changed my posture a little more…

I liked it. I enjoyed doing this, making myself resemble a mirror that had been smashed. Hmm, I could’ve put a few things in there, like a weapon to show what smashed it. No, that would a bit of over kill. I thought it was perfect though. Showing it’s lighting, I might have made my back ground a little lighter but I wasn’t sure how to do that. Oh well!!




1 comment:

Anonymous said...

you really expressed how u feel and the idea really got to me